Ambition Nation Summit 2018
Wednesday 3rd October, 8:30-11:00am | Landing 42, 122 Leadenhall St, London EC3V 4AB
What does it take to scale a business with ambition in the UK?
Do not miss this opportunity to hear from some of the UK’s most ambitious leaders.
Join us for the finnCap Ambition Nation Summit, where we explore the factors that most affect business leaders today and their potential for growth. Access to funding, building a winning culture, taking on new technologies or advances in cyber-security – the accepted rules are being rewritten at a pace.
The Ambition Nation Summit will ask:
- What does it take to make it in 2018?
- How do you access the funding you need to grow in a changing landscape?
- How do you build a like-minded team and establish a winning culture?
- What are the steps you can take to protect your business from an increasing tide of digital threats?
Opening the event:
- Sam Smith, CEO, finnCap
With guest speakers:
- Oz Alashe MBE, CEO & Founder, CybSafe
- Jess Butcher MBE, Co-founder & Director, Blippar
- Stephen Welton, CEO, BGF
- Imam Hoque, COO & Global Head of Product, Quantexa
- Nicola Foulston, CEO, Rosenblatt
- Adam Bellamy, CFO, PureGym
- Bob Woods, Co-founder, Mattioli Woods
- Professor Birgitte Andersen, CEO & CoCreator, The Big Innovation Centre
- Derek Zissman, Partner, Cavendish
- Farouq Sheikh, Co-founder, CareTech Holdings Plc
- Edward Perry, Co-founder, COOK
- Tom Wallace, Partner - Corporate/M&A, K&L Gates
- Michael Hughes MBE, Co-CEO, LoopUp
- Renée Elliott, Founder, Planet Organic
This finnCap event is run in association with BDO, Cavendish and K&L Gates.
Looking forward to the Summit, we've been speaking with some our panellists about their growth journeys and asking for a little insight into what they've be covering at Ambition Nation.
In this first podcast we sit down with Adam Bellamy, CFO of PureGym, about his journey of growth and what the future of finance holds in store. Listen to the podcast here.
Ambition is the driving force of the UK economy. It’s the key to our success and that of our clients, and it’s the reason that the British SME landscape – the lifeblood of UK PLC – continues to grow unabated in the face of a storm of economic challenges.
Why? Because the most ambitious leaders inspire that same aspiration in others. It’s an ebullient power and one that we here at finnCap now channel as Ambition Nation.
What is Ambition Nation?
Ambition Nation is the latest initiative on our mission to help ambitious companies grow, picking up where its predecessor, AIM High, left off.
AIM High was our campaign to encourage companies to consider the public markets to raise capital, particularly those unfamiliar with AIM. After two years of AIM High, we realised there were still swathes of superlative businesses that we weren’t getting to talk to, great investment stories yet to be told. Our remit swelled.
Ambition Nation was born.
We’re talking to as many high growth, scale-up companies as possible, creating a dynamic community of driven business leaders. We want to help them grow faster, provide them better access to the right kind of investment, open their eyes to a wealth of investment options they might not even realise were available, bolstered by the support of our exceptional investment expertise and market reach.
We want to create those investment stories that inspire ambition in others.
What’s your investment story?
- Ambition Nation is built on recognising determination and embracing the challenges – telling the stories of overcoming adversity and reaching our goals.
- Growth is fuelled by championing business leaders and inspiring their peers to keep growing, to keep asking ‘Where’s my next milestone, and how do I get there?’
- People are most inspired to grow and discuss funding options when they hear other stories of success.
Our Ambition Nation report finds that getting the right investment is a key challenge for businesses looking to scale-up today. finnCap knows that the right investment comes from finding the right investor, those that are passionately engaged with your story, and we will find them.
Your ambition to succeed is the energy that propels a nation.
Contact finnCap today to register your interest to be a part of this dynamic Ambition Nation community, and see how we can help create your investment story.