Strategic public M&A financial advisory
Delivering certainty on strategic M&A and financial advisory services:
- finnCap’s reputation and strategic advisory capabilities recognised by rare invitation to propose a secondee to Takeover Panel
- Strong record of acting for bidders and targets alike
- Experience of successful defences against bids for clients – knowledge of defence tactics used to help bidders
- Many of our most successful mandates are successful because they do not become public
- Transaction team draw from experience of 28 corporate finance professionals, sector research experts and the market leading access of the wider firm (including investor-facing teams)
- Experience of working within cross-border advisory teams or alongside specialist advisory practices
Our H1 2020 work in Public M&A Advisory
finnCap are delighted to have been involved in six announced situations during H1 2020:
- Rule 3 financial adviser to Castleton on its recommended takeover by MRI
- Financial advisers to the Fortune 500 company Motorola Solutions, Inc. on its takeover of the AIM-listed IndigoVision
- Rule 3 financial adviser to HML Holdings on their ongoing recommended offer by Harwood Capital
- Financial advisers to PETRA Group on its ongoing recommended offer for HWSI Realisation Fund
- Rule 3 financial advisers to Best of the Best as it is exploring its options
- Financial adviser to Frenkel Topping in its response to an approach by Harwood Capital
We have worked hard with PLC boards behind the scenes to help them in planning their bid defences. We continue to act for companies in response to unwanted shareholder activism and for shareholders wishing to bear influence on public companies.
finnCap has advised bidders and targets on a range of UK and international M&A transactions, including:
- Broker to offeree in £540m recommended acquisition of CityFibre Infrastructure by Antin and West Street Infrastructure Partners (Sector: Technology)
- Complex hostile takeover of ASA Resource Group plc by Hailiaing Group, one of the largest privately-owned companies in China (Sector: Natural resources)
- Financial adviser to Action Group Holdings on its acquisition of the minority interest in Action Hotels plc (Sector: Hotels/Leisure)
- Joint financial adviser to NASDAQ-listed Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Inc. on its acquisition of Vernalis plc (Sector: Healthcare)
- Rule 3 adviser to Artilium plc on its takeover by Pareteum Corp (Sector: Technology)
- Reverse takeover of multiple funds to create Qannas Investments Limited (Sector: Investment funds)
- Competitive hostile takeover of Northacre plc by ADCM, an Abu Dhabi based PE fund (Sector: Real estate)
- Rule 3 adviser to red24 on its takeover by iJet International (Sector: Support services)
- Financial advisor to offeree on sale and refinancing of Stanley Gibbons (Sector: Consumer)
- Joint financial adviser to offeree Jelf on Marsh & McLennan’s £258m recommended offer (Sector: Financials)
- Financial adviser on the restructuring of DX Group’s balance sheet including Rule 9 Whitewash (Sector: Support services)
Our technical expertise in UK public transactions was recognised by the secondment of Henrik Persson to the Takeover Panel for two years, regulating over 250 transactions governed by the Takeover Code, including takeovers, fundraisings and shareholder activism cases.
Cases of note include Liberty Global's £4 billion offer for Cable & Wireless Communications, ARRIS Group’s £1.4 billion offer for Pace plc, HarbourVest’s contested hostile £1 billion offer for SVG Capital plc which led to significant changes to the Takeover Code, and Wandle Holdings’ US$9.0 billion offer for Polyus Gold International.
Why choose finnCap
We have acted as financial adviser on either side of 21 announced public takeover transactions since 2018 for both our retained corporate clients and for those outside our client base who recognise a need for our expertise, for and involving parties based at home or across the globe, and on a sole or collaborating with others on a joint basis.
We are proud to be a leader in the field and to have been trusted to provide strategic advice on so many interesting and rewarding situations in the complex UK public company landscape.