finnCap has enviable credentials in providing expert strategic M&A and financial advisory services to the buyers and sellers of public and private companies. In recent years, finnCap has advised diverse range of UK and cross-border transactions across sectors including:
- Recommended offer by Quixant plc for Densitron plc (Technology)
- Complex hostile takeover of ASA Resource Group plc by Hailiaing Group, one of the largest privately-owned companies in China (Natural resources)
- Reverse takeover of multiple funds to create Qannas Investments Limited (Investment funds)
- Competitive hostile takeover of Northacre plc by ADCM, an Abu Dhabi based PE fund (Real estate)
- Rule 3 adviser to red24 on its takeover by iJet International (Support services)
- First hostile offer under the revised Takeover Code for Clarity Commerce Solutions plc (Technology)
- Refinancing of Stanley Gibbons plc (Consumer)
We are differentiated by our commitment to and expertise in the growth company universe, harnessing the insights of sector analysts and access to investors and market provided by our broking, sales and trading colleagues.
Our technical expertise in UK public transactions was recognised by the secondment of Henrik Persson to the Takeover Panel for two years, regulating over 250 transactions governed by the Takeover Code, including takeovers, fundraisings and shareholder activism cases.
Cases of note include Liberty Global's £4 billion offer for Cable & Wireless Communications, ARRIS Group’s £1.4 billion offer for Pace plc, HarbourVest’s contested hostile £1 billion offer for SVG Capital plc which led to significant changes to the Takeover Code, and Wandle Holdings’ US$9.0 billion offer for Polyus Gold International.